Saturday, May 24, 2008

I don’t really know what possessed me to start a blog, but I have been reading a blog that has inspired me to start one. Mainly I just want to talk about my day to day life and also in the process help someone that may need it. A little about me I am 30 years old, working full time and going back to school. I was recently working 2 jobs and going to school but was able to finish the 2nd job (waiting tables) last month. I’m beginning to wish I started this blog months ago so I could complain about how much I hate waiting tables and the unbelievably ridiculous people I had to wait on. But that is a whole other story. Anyway I have been married for one year to a very special person. We have 3 dogs and his little girl. After high school I went to college, but didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. I met someone and we eventually both quit school and got married. Not the best move, I look back now and wish I had finished school then, but I find school to be much easier now that I am actually focused on finishing. My husband and I where married 7 years but it just did not work out, which the reasons of that I will keep private there is no reason drudging up the past. The divorce was a very painful and depressing time of my life and I have no reason to relive it.

A few months after my divorce my future husband (Ryan) found me on MySpace which I truly believe happened for a reason and came about when I really needed someone. I know “you married someone you met on the internet”. Well not exactly we had actually met in high school my sophomore year in 1992. We had actually dated in high school for a few months, but then I broke his heart, he hated me for a long time after that. But we eventually became pretty good friends he dated someone else, after his graduation he joined the Coast Guard and they got married, had a little girl and later divorced. He had been divorced about 4 years when he saw me again. I was really excited he e-mailed me because I hadn’t spoken to him in 12 years it brought back a flood of memories, some really good times. He, his ex-wife and I were all in the Marching band together (I know a bunch of band geeks). We decided to meet and catch up and a year later we where married and I gained a wonderful step-daughter (Haley), I have no kids of my own, but we are currently trying.

Soon after we were married my husband was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, an immune deficiency that is currently attacking is lymph system with granulomas in his lymph nodes. Problem is the doctors don’t know how a person contacts this however we have reason to believe it is environmental. I stated that he was in the Coast Guard well after Hurricane Katrina he did a lot of messy, nasty clean up work and was exposed to harsh environmental waste. There has been links to some workers of 9/11 contacting this disease. The disease can be fatal, but so far is treatable. He is in a lot of pain, but is still able to function and work day to day due to the wonders of pain medication. He was on Prednisone for over 9 months which led to signs of Osteoporosis in his hips and back so they took him off of it. The prednisone was meant to control the granulomas in his lymph’s from spreading and enlarging. But I guess his doctor felt the osteoporosis was more threatening and took him off prednisone. He will go back to the doctor in June for a check up and another CT scan. At this point all we can do is try to control the pain and hope they go away. Many articles we have read suggest Sarcoidosis will usually disappear in 2-3 years. Well it has been at least 2 years now that we know of so we are praying and hoping for a miracle.

I guess my goal for this blog is to inform people about Sarcoidosis and hopefully help someone get through the day. However, this will not be totally about Sarc, but about our day to day life.

Thank you I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: